PDFTools CLI doesn't seem to work

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Oak
User

PDFTools CLI doesn't seem to work

Post by Oak »

Hello,

I tried to follow https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxt6/PDFXT6_MAN.pdf, Appendix 9.2 and execute following command via Command Line Interface:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools V6>PDFXTools.exe /RunTool:showprog=no;showrep=no;showui=no imagesToPDF "C:\<MyUserName>\z004atpb\AppData\Local\Temp\00_Composed_1.tif"
However, all it does is it opens the PDFTools GUI and selects ImagesToPDF tool. I found similar issue (https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=27252&p=105915&hilit=imagestopdf#p105915) was posted in the forum 5 years ago and was supposedly fixed in build 318.1.

Any way to make it work?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDFTools CLI doesn't seem to work

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Oak,

Your code seems to be using V6 of the PDF Tools - which is quite old. Can you please update to the most recent one (your company's license should allow you to use the current V9) - and let us know if that helps?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Oak
User

Post by Oak »

Thank you Stefan,

unfortunately that won't help me. I have to use a version, which is approved and distributed company-wide (which is currently V6). If it doesn't work, I'll have to consider other options (MS Print to PDF or some server side conversion).

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:16 pm Hello Oak,

Your code seems to be using V6 of the PDF Tools - which is quite old. Can you please update to the most recent one (your company's license should allow you to use the current V9) - and let us know if that helps?

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Oak,

I do believe that V9 has also been approved in Siemens. Please contact your IT team and see if they can get you a more up to date version installed on your machine.

Kind regards,
Stefan