Auto-rotate landscape pages

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

simple
User

Auto-rotate landscape pages

Post by simple »

Apologies if my search skills are poor!
Is there a way to use PDF-Tools to autorotate any pages in which the text is running landscape but the page is rotated to portrait, so that the text is running upwards?? I merge PDFs and some of them have landscape pages turned like this. It would be a big help to have them rotated 90 degrees clockwise.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Auto-rotate landscape pages

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hi,

For as far as I know, this functionality is not (yet) available apart from OCR (in PDF-XChange Tools and Editor).

Work-around: select pages in the Thumbnails view (in PDF-XChange Editor) and then apply "Rotate Pages" to the selected pages.

@Tracker Support

"Fix incorrect page rotation" could be interesting for a new feature as part of "Rotate Pages".
The code already exists in the OCR-module.

Best regards.

Willy
Attachments
PDF-Tools - Fix incorrect page rotation.png
PDF-XChange Editor - Fix incorrect page rotation.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Auto-rotate landscape pages

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

The thing is that it is the OCR engine that detects and determins whether the content we are passing to it to OCr is oriented 'correctly' or is being rotated, so applying similar, and quite complex, algorithms outside of the scope of OCRing might not be easy to implement!

Kind regards,
Stefan