Monitors and Choose Input Files

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bcarvalho
User

Monitors and Choose Input Files

Post by bcarvalho »

I've created a custom tool. I've set-up a folder monitor. But how do I get the tool to run on files that have been identified by the monitor? Each works on its own, but when I add a file to the folder, it doesn't run the tool. I know the monitor is working, because it moves the file. The tool works on its own when I manually run it and tell it what file to use.

Is there an input file option I'm not seeing to receive the files identified by the monitor?
bcarvalho
User

Re: Monitors and Choose Input Files

Post by bcarvalho »

I figured it out. I didn't notice that the rename step in my tool was prompting the user and since interaction was disabled, the flow was failing.

Now I'm facing a loop! Is there a way to tell the monitor to ignore the file already processed or do I need to move it to another folder?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Monitors and Choose Input Files

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bcarvalho,

It would be best to tell your tool/monitor to move files it has already processed to a separate folder, so that both you and the tool can know which files have already been processed.

Kind regards,
Stefan