Batch OCR, Find Text and Extract Pages, Then Save

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wiitguru
User

Batch OCR, Find Text and Extract Pages, Then Save

Post by wiitguru »

Dear Forum,

I have a number of PDFs saved in ZIP files. I would like to batch unzip the files, OCR the PDFs, find specific words or phrases within each file, and extract and save pages with those words or phrases. If I could also extract pages WITHOUT those words or phrases to separate files, that would be great, too.

Is this possible with PDF-Tools? I have custom JavaScript to find the words or phrases within the OCR'ed files, if it is necessary to use that.

I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 21H1, x64 on an MSI GL638RD. My version of PDF-Tools is Version 9.0 Build 354.0.

Please let me know if this is possible! Thanks!

Brian
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Batch OCR, Find Text and Extract Pages, Then Save

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Brian,

You will need a third party tool to do the exctaction of your PDF files from the .zip archives - we can not do this in our software.
You can then use the PDF Tools to batch OCR those files.

As for the find and extract - again we do not have such a feature. We do have an "Extract pages" inside PDF Tools - but this can only extract pages specified by their numbers, and not by specific words on those pages being present or not.

Kind regards,
Stefan
wiitguru
User

Post by wiitguru »

Ok. Thank you for your reply, Stefan! :D

Brian
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello wiitguru,

Sorry that I could not bring you better news, and thanks for the understanding!

Kind regards,
Stefan