Questino about extracting images from PDF files

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wontell
User

Questino about extracting images from PDF files

Post by wontell »

I want to extract the images a PDF contains (because every page is an image) so I'm using PDF Tools to extract them now my question is:

If I tick the "Choose color depth automatically" does that means PDF Tools will extract the image with it's original format?
Also what does "Actual image view" refers to?

I'm looking to extract the images as they are without modifying anything nor re-encoding them so I don't loose any quality, no matter how much of it I will actually see. I just want the original images to be extracted without any post processing.
DenisO
Site Admin

Re: Questino about extracting images from PDF files

Post by DenisO »

Hi wontell,
If I tick the "Choose color depth automatically" does that means PDF Tools will extract the image with it's original format?
yes, if PDF image's color depth is supported by output format it will be saved as is.
Also what does "Actual image view" refers to?
if you check this option, than image will be saved as you see it on pdf page, not original. For example, image can be cropped by clip path, or rotated, "Actual image view" option will consider this.

so if you want to extract images without any changes, than uncheck "Actual image view" and check "Choose color depth automatically"
Kind regards,
Denis Oleksenko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD