Don't save email address

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

simple
User

Don't save email address

Post by simple »

I am setting up a tool to convert a Word document to PDF and email it via Outlook. The email address will vary by document, and so I have the dialog box popping up.

However, it is carrying over the email address to the next launch, and this puts me at risk of sending sensitive material to the wrong address.

Can I alter this behaviour?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Don't save email address

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, simple

Our send by mail function, when used with outlook, should simply open an outlook "compose" window, if outlook is remembering the last used Email address in their own compose window, this is not something that can be addressed from our end.

If you mean to say you are using another of our functions, could I ask that you please include screenshots of the exact window you are encountering this issue in?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
simple
User

Post by simple »

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, it is launching a weird little window that is NOT the normal Outlook 'compose' window. That is what I would like, though...
Untitled.png
My settings:
Screenshot 2021-05-09 071451.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, simple

My apologies, I really do need to look more closely at the forum I am replying to...

With PDF-Tools, these are intended as batch processing functions, and so it is expected that you intend to repeat the same function, in bulk, this includes, applying the same watermark, printing to the same printer, and sending mail with the same criteria. If you do not wish to have this remembered, and wish to send the file directly via your mail client, you would have two options.

1. You can make use of our Editor, which is included with a PDF-Tools license, to open the file. While the file is opened, use the "send mail" button in the upper left corner of the application to open your default mail app, and send away.
2. You can instead directly open your mail application, and select the files which have been processed by PDF-Tools, and send them manually that way.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
simple
User

Post by simple »

My wished-for behaviour would be a good addition e.g. a checkbox to 'Open Outlook dialog' or not. Your proposed solution isn't any good for the fast processing of documents via PDF-Tools.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, simple

While I expect this will be rejected, I have created a ticket for you on the matter:
RT#5626: FR: Tools - Open compose window in mail client

Do note that the reason I do not forsee this being implemented is that we have no control, or even the ability to oversee, what outlook is doing after we send the file.

This in turn means that if you choose 50 files for processing by tools, the first would be processed, and get to the "send mail" step. At that point, the compose window would open, and we would no longer have any handle on the process, nor way to tell that the email was sent. As such, once the first compose window opens, each of the following files would be processed immediately. This could mean that (depending on your settings) you have 50 separate compose windows, opening simultaneously. Enough that you would most likely find outlook frozen or crashing before we even finish our process.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com