Adding URLs / Weblinks to Input File List

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dsherman_np
User

Adding URLs / Weblinks to Input File List

Post by dsherman_np »

Good day and hope all are well.

I am looking for some assistance in creating a tool in which I can batch pdf various urls / weblinks and save them to my computer.

Currently I am utilizing the below product manual as a basis:

Navigation:Product Manuals»PDF-Tools V9»Actions Library > Input/Output Actions > Choose Input Files

The difficulty I am having is formatting the url in the Input File List document in a fashion that can be utilized by the PDF-Tools application.

I can however create a Windows Explorer shortcut(s) to the url(2) and select a folder to pdf in lieu of a list, but to create shortcuts for each link does not seem to be the most efficient and I am sure there is a better way to do this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
dsherman_np
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Adding URLs / Weblinks to Input File List

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, dsherman_np

Currently it is not possible to make use of URL's in the FileList function, but if you are using one of the supported web services, such as Sharepoint, or Google Drive, you can setup your options like so:
image_2021_04_05T21_07_46_673Z.png
image_2021_04_05T21_07_46_673Z.png (15.13 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Then the first time you run the tool, the Extended file select dialog will appear where you can grab files from numerous location including local files or other services. Because you have enabled the "store selected file names for future use" function, it will remember the files you have selected, and their locations, and allow you to reuse them the next time you run this tool.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
dsherman_np
User

Post by dsherman_np »

Thanks for the input, but I am not sure this really helps me. If I use a cloud service, I would still need to manually save / print each web file as a pdf to the cloud. If I did this, my task is basically done and the effort to do this is what I am trying to avoid.

Any other suggestions, or other programs, on how I can batch save pdfs from multiple web pages (or batch pdf multiple web pages)?

BTW...the batches I am referring to are ~100 pages / pdfs and will regularly have to do about (6) of them every month.

Thanks
dsherman_np
User

Post by dsherman_np »

Well, its not the solution I was hoping for (wanted to stay within the PDF Xchange applications), but I think I found a way that works for half my problem.

There is a Chrome extension called "Simple Mass Downloader" that is available in the Chrome Store at:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-mass-downloader/abdkkegmcbiomijcbdaodaflgehfffed/related?hl=en-US

This extension, among some other things, will let me import a text document of the links to the pdfs I wish to download and then save them to my computer. It appears it runs within Chrome so that if you are logged into a site, it will be able to access those documents; unlike applications that run stand-alone that may have difficulties access pages behind a log in.

I still would like to be able to pdf a non-pdf url (ie. like pdf-ing the current weather page if so desired) and will post back here when I find that solution.

Best,
dsherman_np
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, dsherman_np

Sorry that my option above did not work for you. I did bring this to our dev team for consideration, so hopefully we can see URL's being supported in the Filelist in the future, but it is simply not available at the moment in that way.

I hope that this alternative you have found will work for you in the meantime, and that we can offer a better solution for you soon.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com