Reproducible merge

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Havard
User

Reproducible merge

Post by Havard »

Hi There

I tried PDF-Tools today. The "Import as Layer Overlay" Function works good. We put one PDF on top of another. I guess "Overlay PDF" would work for us as well.

We would like to make this process reproducible. The resulting files of a merge should be equal if the input is equal. Like the same SHA256-fingerprint-equal. This would make version control easier for us.

Can PDF-Tools do this?

Best regards
Håvard
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Reproducible merge

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Havard,

These are two distinct operations - and the first one will create a layer that can be turned on/off, while the other will just add all the content in the same 'base' layer. So it is not really possible to have the same Hash when performing these two operations as the files will not really be the same. So you should focus on one or the other, and then e.g. distribute the same tool to everyone in your team to make sure that always the same tool with the same settings is used!
How do I Create Custom Tools in PDF-Tools

Kind regards,
Stefan