PDF to Excel combies page of table data into one row instead of separating rows

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

csfreimuths
User

PDF to Excel combies page of table data into one row instead of separating rows

Post by csfreimuths »

Hello. We want to convert a consolidated statement from PDF to Excel. It's five pages with headers and footers that should have 167 rows of data. Instead the row data is put into five rows. Is there a setting we are missing? When we upload the PDF to Adobe for conversion, it comes back as we expect. I would like to attach the source PDF, the results from PDF Tools and the results from Adobe. Thank you for your help.
Chris
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF to Excel combies page of table data into one row instead of separating rows

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, csfreimuths

The option you are looking for is in the Editor preferences (Ctrl+K), under "convert from PDF > excel > setup"
image.png
if you change this setting to "line" mode, it should result in a more normal conversion. This is actually intended to be the default setting, and should be changing in the next release as well.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
csfreimuths
User

Re: PDF to Excel combines page of table data into one row instead of separating rows

Post by csfreimuths »

I've set the Option to Line. There are extra rows in the output but the data is still bunched into a row per page. Left is Option : Paragraph. Right is line.

Here's the PDF, too.

image.png
Please let me know your recommendation.

Thank you.
Chris
Attachments
image.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF to Excel combies page of table data into one row instead of separating rows

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, csfreimuths

I see this document contains some sensitive data. As such this case is not something I believe we should handle over the public forums. Could I ask you to please email us with a copy of the PDF document itself, as a screenshot like this is not enough for us to work with and investigate.

Our email is support@pdf-xchange.com
Please also include a link to this post for context.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com