How to set pdf-tools/DocvVew to display the pdf by default and not the gibberish text?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tejas36
User

How to set pdf-tools/DocvVew to display the pdf by default and not the gibberish text?

Post by tejas36 »

I am having trouble displaying pdfs with both DocView and pdf-tools. It just shows gibberish. I can switch to displaying the pdf by running pdf-view-mode but it doesn't do it by default. I suspect it has something to do with emacs not recognizing the file type. Any ideas?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to set pdf-tools/DocvVew to display the pdf by default and not the gibberish text?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, tejas36

My apologies, you have posted in the end user forums for PDF-Tools, but PDF-Tools is not able to display documents itself (short of the preview that some actions offer before processing). Following that you mention a few methods used in our SDK products. is it possible that you are looking for assistance with one of our SDK products, or the End use PDF-XChange Editor instead?

If it is related to the SDK products, could I ask you to please try posting your request again in the appropriate SDK forum, with a bit more detail (or some examples/images) so that we can help you better?

If if pertains to the end user products, could I again ask for some more details and examples/images, such as a sample document, so we can see if the issue is reproducible on our end?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com