OCR password protected files - skip IF text  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fletch
User

OCR password protected files - skip IF text

Post by fletch »

Just an idea. If the option to skip files which already contain text is enabled, then skip any protected files as well. I'm assuming since the editor can view these files without needing to supply a password that the OCR process could do the same - instead of prompting me for the password.

Now, I wonder why Chase is locking down my PDF statements all of a sudden :?

I didn't notice this until trying to OCR them - which as it turns out is unnecessary for recent statements since they already come with embedded text since about 2012. Nice of them to do that.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: OCR password protected files - skip IF text  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, fletch

Unfortunately that would not work. Security which does not block viewing almost always prevents base content editing, which subsequently disabled OCR, as it works directly with the base content.

And in a case where that security did not already block base content editing, it would not prevent this tool from running in the first place since there is nothing to stop from happening.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com