OCR process flow

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fletch
User

OCR process flow

Post by fletch »

So this seems odd and I don't know if the behavior can be adjusted. It seems the OCR is done first and temporary results stored somewhere. Once that is complete, then the PDF's in the selected folder get updated. I chose to replace the existing folders.

I think this behavior is what has caused problems when OCR'ing thousands of existing documents. I don't run out of disk space but I'm suspecting I'm running out of other process resources and that ultimately causes the tool to crash.

While watching the output folder, I kind of expected to see the individual PDF's time stamps updated as they were processed/saved. Instead I noticed they ALL got updated in a 2 second period towards the end of the process.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: OCR process flow

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, fletch

That should be resolved by disabling batch processing mode:
image.png
image.png (10.13 KiB) Viewed 580 times
I will spare you the infotip blurb that you can get from clicking the "i", but, so long as you are not performing actions that need to be fully processed over all documents before proceeding (such as merging or bates numbering) you likely do not need this option enabled.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
fletch
User

Post by fletch »

I've never had that enabled. Multi-processing was though.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, fletch

Multi-core processing would simply serve to speed up the process, as it allows PDF-Tools to use multiple cores of your processor, instead of running only on a single core, it would not have an effect on the order your files are being saved in. That said, it is very strange that you are not finding the files being saved at completion with batch processing disabled.

Can you please ensure that you have all the latest updates installed, and try this again?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com