Flattening Digital Signatures  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dasy2k1
User

Flattening Digital Signatures

Post by dasy2k1 »

Hi there.
is there a way to flatten digital signatures easilly?
as in to keep the graphical look but to remove the actual cryptographic signature and allow editing again?

If i have 2 documents both of which are signed and I merge them together (selecting flatten for comments and form fields) the the output document does exactly what i want it to. - I can see all the old digital signatures but they are just graphics

is there a way to get the same effect on just one document?

for example when a signed document has been superseded by another document i would like to be able to flatten the signature, then add a watermark to the document saying SUPERSEDED then store it in an archive folder.

I need to retain the ability to see who signed it and at what time but the signature does not need to be valid in the cryptographic sense (only the currently valid document needs that)

Like i say i can get this to work when i merge more than one signed document into a single document but i cant seem to find how to get this effect to work on one document
lev
User

Re: Flattening Digital Signatures  SOLVED

Post by lev »

In PDF-XChange Editor, press Ctrl+Shift+E to Extract Pages and set Form Field to Flatten.
image.png
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Flattening Digital Signatures

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

You can also try to re-print the document to PDF is the applied security allows it.

Regards.
dasy2k1
User

Re: Flattening Digital Signatures

Post by dasy2k1 »

Many thanks,
The extract pages tool worked perfectly for what I needed
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Flattening Digital Signatures

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:)