Struggling with merging in PDF-Tools v8

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hays county esd #3
User

Struggling with merging in PDF-Tools v8

Post by hays county esd #3 »

Upgraded to the latest version of PDF-Xchange and now I am lost. I want to be able to drag and drop pdfs in the order I desire, then merge the pdfs to a new document, preferably prompting me for the name. The previous version I was using worked great, did exactly what I wanted, even asked me to name the output file. I have spent hours trying to get the v8 Split/Merge PDFs tool to make sense. All I can reliably do is make new copies of each input file, or overwrite my input files. I haven't yet managed after four hours to get anything merged, regardless of what it is named.

Maybe it is telling the only discussion of this in the knowledgebase describes doing it in the editor and not PDF-Tools?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Struggling with merging in PDF-Tools v8

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, hays county esd #3

The Merging function should not have changed too drastically for the last few versions of the software (multiple years) but I will see if I can offer some advice on how to get this setup.

To put using this function into steps, this is what you should be doing,

1. make sure that your settings look like this:
ejdikdfhophgeblg.png
ejdikdfhophgeblg.png (10.72 KiB) Viewed 980 times
hhhenkogniicjpld.png
hhhenkogniicjpld.png (13.46 KiB) Viewed 980 times
gfniejmboiihhjab.png
gfniejmboiihhjab.png (7.86 KiB) Viewed 980 times
After this succeeds the first time, feel free to alter the settings as you wish, in particular the "save documents" folder option.

(the Change document properties and Show files Steps do not matter)

2. Double click on the "split merge PDFs" tool itself:
mnnghkacclejbfla.png
3. Use Shift+Click, or Ctrl+Click to select all files that you wish to have merged together, note that they must be in the same folder.
kgcpaoigjnncjklb.png
4. Click Open, you will be presented with the "Manual split merge documents" window, verify that the total page count is correct, and if you desire, open the dropdown for manual reordering of pages, you can use Shift+Click to select multiple pages and rearrange them as you desire.
akcdoaiafnlhjjcc.png
Finally, click OK.

You will now have a document created with a new unique name that contains all the pages from the input documents.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com