[send mail] with text format and Outlook trust?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MatthiasHecht
User

[send mail] with text format and Outlook trust?

Post by MatthiasHecht »

Hello,

we use send mail in our PDF-Tools. To this I have two question.

I would like to copy/clone our company mail signature from Microsoft Outlook into PDF-Tools. But PDF-Tools does not allow colors or other text formate.

Is it / how is it possible to use text formats in the E-Mail-Body in PDF-Tools?
Send Mail.JPG

After send mail Microsoft Outlook shows a warning message.
Maybe you know it from other users, how Outlook can be configurated to trust PDF-Tools?
Outlook warning.JPG

Thank you!
Matthias
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [send mail] with text format and Outlook trust?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, MatthiasHecht

There is nothing to change from our end which would affect this, but depending on your version of outlook, you may find an option to configure this under the General, mail, security, advanced, or trust center (some of these items may have separate headers in multiple categories), in your outlook options.

In my installation, the option was available under the "trust center" category, however as my Antivirus is enabled, I am unable to make changes to this function. If you are in a similar situation, you may simply need to click "allow" each time you see this message. In either case, when sending mail with your default application, we are unable to initiate the "send" command automatically, so you will need to interact with the compose window regardless.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com