auto batch print to source file name  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

smoo4what
User

auto batch print to source file name

Post by smoo4what »

Hi Forum,
I wish to batch print a high number of PDFs (print as image to lock them).

The PDF tools function "split PDFs" has an extra dialogue window to control automatic renaming of the output files i.e. "*sourcename* + splitted".

Any chance to get this functionality for batch printing?

Best regards, smoo4what
DenisO
Site Admin

Re: auto batch print to source file name

Post by DenisO »

Hi,
you can customize Printer properties to set Save settings. For example below you can find options for PDF-XChange Lite printer.
image.png
Best Regards
Denis Oleksenko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: auto batch print to source file name  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, smoo4what

You should be able to achieve this by using the "print" action in PDF-Tools with one of our PDF-Xchange Printers selected, as they default to use the document name when printing. I should however note that printing PDF to PDF is never advised as it can lead to document corruption and loss of data. In the next build, we will be bringing the "rasterize pages" function which the Editor currently offers to PDF-Tools. This will allow you to take your input documents and flatten them into images without needing to reprint.

I would advise against using the print methods for the possible document corruption issues detailed before, but if you need to use this method in the meantime, do be sure to keep a copy of the originals just in case you need to recreate one of those sections later on.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
smoo4what
User

Post by smoo4what »

Hi DenisO,
this was actually a very helpful tip, much appreciated and it solved my problem! To improve this further, macros might be possible for path choice, too:
Using "search in subfolders" in PDF Tools would combine very nice with saving every individual file to its %[DocPath].

@Daniel: Thanks for the further info, looking forward to that next build. Printing PDF to PDF is a huge step forward from printing to paper, sign and scan to PDF back in the days......

Best regards, smoo4what
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, smoo4what

:D

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com