split by 2nd level bookmarks

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

man_rue
User

split by 2nd level bookmarks

Post by man_rue »

Hi there,

I often need to split a set of PDFs by the 2nd level bookmarks. Is there a way to achive this? Obviously not by the menues since there is only the possibilty to use the top level bookmarks. Maybe somebody has an idea for a workaround?

Maybe JS Console in the PDFViewer?

Thanks in advance,
Manfred
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: split by 2nd level bookmarks

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Man_rue,

Currently it is not possible with any single command in the software to split 2nd level bookmarks, this may be a feature we can look into for a future build, but it is not something easily doable at the moment.

The best workaround I can offer at the moment, is to split by top level bookmarks, then open each resultant file in the Editor, and select the "second level" bookmarks for that fil, and use the "section > extract" feature.
XoGUd2kdL5.png
This will mark the page ranges for each second level bookmark and allow you to extract each of those ranges to a separate file.
PDFXEdit_vgmrQcAoZw.png
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com