Area tool - Remove a small area from larger area

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

padfoot
User

Area tool - Remove a small area from larger area

Post by padfoot »

Hi guys,

I have a floor plan with a large area measured and colored. I need to remove a small section of it from the centre.

Is there an feature to do this that I'm missing? :roll: I'm a new user.

Kind regards,
Tom
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Area tool - Remove a small area from larger area

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Tom,

If the Area annotation is already complete, I am afraid that you cannot remove a small part of it, you can only move the control points.

While creating the area, you can try to isolate the area which you do not want to calculate using control points (see example below).
image.png
You can also place a new area object inside the existing area and then deduct the smaller area from the larger one.

Regards,
Radi
padfoot
User

Post by padfoot »

Hi Radi,

Thank you for your message, this is what I have been doing. I wonder if there will be a feature update in future for adding and subtracting areas in such a manner?

Regards,
Tom
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Padfoot,

Currently, as these annotations are coordinate based, all points in a single measurement must be connected in some way, thus it likely will not be possible for us to implement a "subtract" area to the measurement tools that can properly alter the measured area.

Kind regards.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com