Command line OCR tool. Look in subfolders

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RHA
User

Command line OCR tool. Look in subfolders

Post by RHA »

Sirs,

Using pdf-tools v 7.0 (build 325.1)

I cloned the built-in "OCR Pages" tool to a custom one named "OCR (PDF) Auto Incl sub-folders". Under "Choose input files", I set "Select folder". But, since I'd like to pass the folder name via the command line, I didn't pick Browse to select a folder. I also set "Look in subfolders".

The custom tool runs fine via Command line except it doesn't process the subfolders.

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools\PDFXTools.exe" /Log:full=yes "c:\local\OCRPDFsIn.log" /RunTool:showrep=no "{6D6B2518-3314-4BA1-ACBCDA252C1D0DD9}" "c:\foldername"

If this is by design, can the program be revised so that "Look in subfolders" also works for command-line?

Much appreciated.

Chris
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Command line OCR tool. Look in subfolders

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello RHA,

Thank you for reporting this, It seems that you have found two issue at once.

The dev team is looking into why this is not working as intended. By default it should properly take the settings you have chosen, including the "look in subfolders" function.
The other issue is that, we missed documenting the parameter to disable this function, I have notified our writer so that the manual can be updated to reflect the missing option soon.

For reference, when working correctly, you would use a similar line to the following only to DISABLE the "look in subfolders" functionality from the command line:

Code: Select all

PDFXTools.exe /RunTool:subfolder=no imagesToPDF "c:\FolderWithPictures"
(unfortunately, changing this to "subfolder=yes" has no effect)

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
RHA
User

Post by RHA »

Thanks for the update, Daniel. I'm looking forward to the update.

Aloha!

Chris
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com