PDF Stitching Option

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

wohlhut
User

PDF Stitching Option

Post by wohlhut »

I am using PDF Tools V7 Build 326.1. I have large construction plans that come in PDF format and use PDF-Exchange Editor to markup area for volume calculations and perimeter for the linear foot of materials. Many times, the plans are roads that connect from one to another on multiple pages. I know there is an overlay tool, but what I'm really after is to be able to stitch together multiple pages on a single page that I could (potentially) have a large canvas. Most canvases I work with are for 24" x 36", but if I could stitch together multiple 24"x36" sheets and rotate them accordingly to match them up I could just scroll from one end of the job to the other without having to move to another page. Is this possible with a tool the PDF-Tools currently provides?
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF Stitching Option

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello wohlhut,
Thank you for your post. You can make use of the recently added Merge Pages function located under Organize> Merge Pages.

You will need to rotate individual sheets or pages before activating the Merge Page function, and subsequently adjust the settings as needed. It is functionally analogous to printing multiple pages per sheet, but without the need to print documents to achieve the desired effect.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello, wohlhut

In addition to what was said by Patick, PDF-Tools also provides "Merge Pages" tool, that works as "Merge Pages" option in PDF-XChange Editor, but could be applied as batch processing operation(for multiple documents).
You can find this tool in "Pages" category, or simply type tool name in the Search on the top of the tools list.
Attachments
Merge Pages.png
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello vmgoshko,

Thank you very much for adding this!

Have a great weekend!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America