in CMD format, how to save to a different folder.

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

pqrs4t77
User

in CMD format, how to save to a different folder.

Post by pqrs4t77 »

Hello: I wrote a script that converst specific pdf files to text files, but I want to write them out to specific folders as well. How can I do that?
example:
"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools\PDFXTools.exe" /RunTool:showprog=no;showrep=no pdfToTXT "\\Loan Agreement\114000\138998.pdf" -- this one writes out text file to the same folder as the pdf. I need to write the text file to for instance: this \\Folder\filename.txt

Thank yo in advance.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: in CMD format, how to save to a different folder.

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,
After speaking with the development team about this, It appears it is currently not possible via command line to specify the save location, however!
If you create the tool in the GUI with a specific save location, then call the tool via command line, it will respect that location.
As such, it may be advisable to make multiple tools with the same function to quickly save to different locations.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com