Number Pages function fot thumbnails

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zeke821
User

Number Pages function fot thumbnails

Post by zeke821 »

When working in files with multiple pages, I have used the Number Pages function to assign drawing numbers to thumbnail views. All of these files were created in Adobe Acrobat and the Number Pages function is straightforward. Now that we are using PDF-XChange Editor, I'm having issues with the Number Pages. When I Replace Pages in an existing file, like replacing an old drawing with a revised drawing, the page numbers in the thumbnails below the replaced page (drawing) all change automatically. I don't want to have to correct all of the changed page numbers. Some of these files have 100+ pages (drawings) in them. Is there a simple way to replace or insert pages to these files without messing up the numbers of the existing pages?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Number Pages function fot thumbnails

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello zeke821,

Welcome to our forum. I hope you will enjoy your stay.

Could you please explain in details what you meant by "change automatically"?
Pages under replacements start from 1 or does anything else happen with numbering?
Can you send us a screenshot of what you see?
Could you please send us a sample file before and after replacing pages, as well as the pages you want to insert into it.
Also, could you clarify what software do you use?
Your post is in the PDF Tools section but you have mentioned the PDF Editor ( or you are using both), and please tell us the exact version, which you are using.
You can see that under the menu Help -> About.

Regards.
zeke821
User

Re: Number Pages function for thumbnails

Post by zeke821 »

I am using PDF XChange Editor Plus, Version 7.0, build 324.3. I'm attaching a before and after screen shot of the 1581 automation file I'm working in. I will attach the automation file and the file of the revised drawing that is the replacement provided you can assure me that they will not be shared with anyone outside of your staff. They are proprietary design drawings.
Attachments
1581-AU_After.pdf
(65.12 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
1581-AU_Before.pdf
(62.43 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Zeke,
If you will send the files to our support email address, support@pdf-xchange.com with reference to this thread, as well as a note to ensure we destroy the document after testing, we certainly can promise that. For obvious reasons, we could not make that promise if you were to share it in a direct link on the forum here.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello zeke821,

Thank you for sending us these files. It would seem to be functioning correctly when the "Replace pages" feature is used in the latest build:

I used the following settings:

The resulting pages maintained the logical page numbering:

I noticed from your email that you are running an older build. Please try installing build 325. You should find this issue has been rectified.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
zeke821
User

Post by zeke821 »

Going to Build 325.1 did not fix the problem. The prefixes of all the thumbnails below the replaced one change by one number.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Zeke,
I've just received your email, but on my end am also unable to reproduce the issue with any combination of settings.
Could I ask you to send us a screenshot of your replace pages dialog, as Patrick has above. As well as a step by step process for how you go about replacing pages so that I can follow it to accomplish this.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com