Conversion from word - RVB to CMJN

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Achebe
User

Conversion from word - RVB to CMJN

Post by Achebe »

Hello,
I have converted a MSword file, including cmjn images, into a pdf with pdf x-change v7, which is an update from the V6 I bought last year.
When I convert, my printer tells me all images are in RVB. I know that MS word converts everything in RVB. But last year, I remember there was a menu in the V6 to convert pdf to cmjn, and I can't find it now.
Can somebody please help me and tell how to obtain a cmjn file ?
HB
Achebe
User

Re: Conversion from word - RVB to CMJN

Post by Achebe »

Wha is bizarre is that I bought a v6 PRO and when I did the update into v7, it migrated to v7 standard, as shown on my screen.
Is this normal ?
Thanking you in advance for your help,
HB
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Conversion from word - RVB to CMJN

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Achebe,
Firstly I am going to make some assumptions, please inform me if I am wrong about these
By RVB to CMJN, you mean RGB to CMYK.
In that case, Do you find any issues with the output? are the colors incorrect while after the images are imported, or is simply seeing the error message each time the only issue?
As for converting a PDF file to CMYK, We have multiple colorspaces available now, so CMYK, RGB and Greyscale all should work natively.

For the second issue, PDF-Standard is out printer driver, which is included in the PRO version, If you look at the about screen in the Editor, it should Read PDF-XChange Plus, as that is the version of the Editor included in the Pro Suite. So i would say, yes, this is normal. though if you still feel it is not, please send a screenshot of the Help > about screen inside the Editor, and we will investigate from there.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com