Sign Document - Specify Placement Options limited to A4

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

oli78
User

Sign Document - Specify Placement Options limited to A4

Post by oli78 »

Hi,

I'm using PDF-Tools to create a script for automatically signing batches of drawings. The drawings are A1 pdf.
In the tools action sequence --> Add digital signature, the "Specify Placement Options" section defaults to an A4 page. I'm unable to add in coordinates for a larger page, as it locks at the extremity of the A4 page.

When running the script, I can manually move the box without an issue, ideally I'd like to have it preset to avoid mistakes. Can the default page size be set somehow?
Thanks,
AO
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Sign Document - Specify Placement Options limited to A4

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Oli,

I just tested - and to me it seems like the placement is specified in relative terms - and offsets from e.g. the bottm left corner of the page. So it would not really matter how big your page is. Or are you meeting some limits that you can not overcome? Can you please share some screenshots?

Regards,
Stefan
oli78
User

Post by oli78 »

Hi Stefan,

We're signing drawings which are typically A1, with a title block along the bottom, in landscape orientation.

Here's what I did.
Add Digital Signature --> Edit
In the placement options, Horizontal offset = left, vertical offset = top (just to make it line up with page coordinates displayed in pdf Xchange editor.
Set horiztonal offset = 520mm, vertical 540. Width = 40, height = 20. This corresponds to a box roughly 30mm from the bottom of the page, about 3/4 of the way across.

When these parameters are entered, it puts the sample signing box in the lower right corner of the sample document. If you then save, and go back into it, the coordinates revert to 173 horizontal, 283 vertical. When you then run the script on the drawings, it puts the box in the upper left quadrant of the page, due to the larger page size.

I haven't managed to attach a screenshot, but hopefully the above gives enough information for you to replicate. If not, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,
AO
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello AO,

Thanks for the steps. Managed to reproduce it now!
Passing it along to the dev team for investigation as it does indeed seems to be limited to an A4 paper size!

Cheers,
Stefan
oli78
User

Post by oli78 »

Thanks Stefan, good to know I'm not going crazy.
Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Oli,

I've created a ticket in our internal system:
#4259: Tools: Sign Document - Specify Placement Options limited to A4
So that we can get it fixed in a timely manner!

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We will try to fix that.
At the moment, as a workaround, please use another origin for the placement, like bottom right.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.