Color Mode

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

printplaygames
User

Color Mode

Post by printplaygames »

I'm working with PDF Tools to make pdf files from image files. I have some jpg files that are CMYK, and when I use the "Create PDF from Images" tool, It converts the color to an RGB color space. This drastically changes the color output when printing the files. Is there a place where I can change what color mode it uses when making the pdf files?
(Other pdf printer tools have had color mode options for this, so I assume I'm just missing something in the myriad of options).

I'm using PDF Tools V7 for reference.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Color Mode

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Printeplaygames,

By default the editor should be using CMYK if that is the colorspace of the file, you'll see in the preferences menu that both working spaces are supported and have a few options tied to them.
could you attach the image so I can test it here with a file that I haven't created on this machine?
If it is a sensitive document you can email it to support@pdf-xchange.com and i will take a look from there.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
printplaygames
User

Post by printplaygames »

Emailed.
I'm not using Editor, so I don't see those options?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi again, Sorry for the confusion earlier, i must have skimmed over the tools portion there...
As patrick noted in the email Our software will re-encode from CMYK to RGB, I'm mainly adding this here for other experiencing this issue to read.
The Devs are aware of the issue and are working to fix it, in my test i noticed minimal change in colours, but it turns out the colours I used(admittedly default ones) are really easy to convert compared to the shades of green and blue in your document...

Support@pdf-xchange.com
printplaygames
User

Post by printplaygames »

Got it.
I'm ready to get all my team using your software as soon as this can get fixed, that would be perfect!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Sounds good, I'll keep you posted if I hear new news about it!

Support@pdf-xchange.com