Merging PDFs using VBA

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

steve@ctqld.com.au
User

Merging PDFs using VBA

Post by steve@ctqld.com.au »

Hi,

The company I am consulting for is moving to Xchange pro.

I currently have a Excel application which in part extracts PDFs from emails and merges these files to a single PDF by using VBA and Acrobat.AcroApp

How would I do this using xchange pro such that it can all be done in VBA. Could you please provide an example or a link to an example please.

Regards

Steve Bayliss
Class Training Qld
Brisbane Australia
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Merging PDFs using VBA

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Steve,

Our end user products are not designed to be used with VBA scripts so you will probably need one of our SDK packages. The Core API SDK can merge PDF files for you:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... re-api-sdk

There are sample projects inside the installation package, in various programming languages, but I do not believe a VBA one is available.

Regards,
Stefan
tomburton
User

Post by tomburton »

Is this post still alive? Is it still the case that the SDK can't be used in a VBA environment?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello tomburton,

I just had a quick chat with a colleague in the dev team, and he advised that while there is currently no such sample - he will check if VBA has the necessary tools, and if it does - we will see to prepare a sample on this!

Kind regards,
Stefan