Selecting File Order for Merrging with Split/Merge PDFs  SOLVED

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bqxmprij
User

Selecting File Order for Merrging with Split/Merge PDFs

Post by bqxmprij »

Is there a way to select the order of files to be merged when merging multiple pdfs? I can select multiple files, but I cannot figure out how to change their order. I did see how to move individual pages, but using that to change the order of multiple 100+ pages pdfs is not feasible.

I do know that Editor can combine multiple pdfs and select the order, but that lead to an undesired results. I had 12 large pdfs and included a cover sheet on each my dropping in a pdf of a cover sheet. Editor combined the files just fine, but the resulting file had bookmarks for the individual files and the individual cover sheets. I got pdfTools to work, but it took some guess work for the order of the combined pdfs.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Selecting File Order for Merrging with Split/Merge PDFs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bqxmprij,

I presume in the Editor you are using File -> New Document...
And in Tools you are using "Split/Merge".
So it is expected you will get different results.
Please try the "Combine Files" option in the PDF Tools for a result similar to what you were getting in the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan
Vladimir G - Tracker Dev
User

Re: Selecting File Order for Merrging with Split/Merge PDFs  SOLVED

Post by Vladimir G - Tracker Dev »

Hello, bqxmprij

If you are using the "Split/Merge PDFs" tool, you can reorder documents on the "Choose Input Files" step in the Extended Choose Files Dialog. In order to show that dialog you have to enable the "Show extended dialog for file selecting" parameter for the "Choose Input Files" action.

Regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir Goshko
Software Developer
Tracker Software Products
bqxmprij
User

Post by bqxmprij »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Please try the "Combine Files" option in the PDF Tools for a result similar to what you were getting in the Editor.
Thank you for the quick response. There is no "Combine Files" option in PDF Tools. See below.
lev
User

Post by lev »

In PDF-Tools hold Ctrl down while selecting files, keeping the intended order in mind.
In Editor, once you have Combine Files window, click on Options in the lower left corner and uncheck Add root bookmarks, with filename to avoid having an extra level of bookmarks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello bqxmprij,

Make sure you have build 323.1 and you should have the "Combine PDFs" option when the "Create PDF" option is selected on the left:
Convert_files.png
Regards,
Stefan