PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

janeg
User
Topic Author

Batch Creating PDFs from Multipage TIFFs

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:00 pm

I have used the functionality of the software to batch convert documents from .PDF to multipage .TIFF. It works very well. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to do the reverse. Can I convert a batch of documents from multipage .TIFF to .PDF? If I try to convert more than one document at a time, the tool creates a single PDF file with all of the multipage documents in it. This would be obviously be very useful if I wanted to covert a bunch of single-page TIFFs into a single PDF doc, but that's not what I'm trying to do. Please let me know if I'm missing something in my setup or if this is just not a currently-supported usage.

Thanks!
Jane

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Re: Batch Creating PDFs from Multipage TIFFs  SOLVED

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi Jane,

indeed you can use PDF-Tools to convert multi-page TIFF files to multi-page PDF files. In essence just create a "tool" that has a task to open files, you can specify TIFF in the file type, then one to convert to PDF and the result should be one multi-page PDF for each multi-page TIFF file.

http://www.tracker-software.com/files/forumImages/PDF-Tools%20Exchange.pdtex

Try importing this "Custom Tool" and let me know if it does what you want.

HTH

Paul

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

janeg
User
Topic Author

Re: Batch Creating PDFs from Multipage TIFFs

Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Thank you, Paul. That's exactly what I needed!

You might want to consider renaming the functions in a future update, though. I was trying to use the Create PDF from Images function, which made sense to me since I was converting TIFF files. In the Convert Files to PDF function, there is no option for TIFFs and I never would have known that it would be okay to use the MS Word File converter the way that you did when you set up the test tool you sent me.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Jane

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi Jane,

You might want to consider renaming the functions in a future update, though.

I must admit hat I tend to agree with you here. It was not as obvious to me as it should have been. I will pass this feedback on to the development team for consideration.

Otherwise I am glad it gave you what you wanted!

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke

Paul - Tracker Supp
User

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Hi again Jane,

I discussed this with the PDF-Tools lead developer and we have agree that is is reasonable to expect both the "Create PDF from images" and "Create PDF from text" to offer options to create multiple PDF files. Currently both of these tools are designed for "Many to One" conversions where as the "Convert Files to PDF" is capable of both.

I have raised a Feature Request around this: RT#3947: Feature Request : PDF-Tools : provide many to many options for "Convert Images to PDF. While it is intended for internal use only, referring to this ticket will allow any staff member to check the status for you.

This is not a promise to deliver the features but a commitment to seriously looking into it.

hth

Paul

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke