Crop Pages / Custom Tools

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Alex_stgt
User

Crop Pages / Custom Tools

Post by Alex_stgt »

Hi @all

Is it possible to define a permanent "defaut folder" in the custom tools?

For example
1. I create a tool for "Projekt A / all Drawings" and want to use a shortcut for Projekt A to edit "xyz" then everytime i klick the shortcut i have to choose a folder (and it starts with the last used folder)
2. I Create a tool for "Projekt B / all Drawings" i have the same question for the folder and maybe it starts on the Projekt A folder or somewhere else...

(Maybe a good change for the next Update!?)

Thank you for your answer
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Crop Pages / Custom Tools

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Alex_stgt,

Please when creating that tool for the "Save Documents" section make sure to specify "Use custom folder specified" - and then enter the desired value - and this should be used as a fixed and permanent folder in which all of the results of that tool's operation will end. Please check the attached image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alex_stgt
User

Post by Alex_stgt »

Hi Stefan

Saddly not the solution because this is only the "Save to" Folder
The Source Folder is saddly always only "the last one".
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Alex_stgt,

Sorry I misunderstood the original question.
Indeed it is not currently possible to specify a fixed folder - but those tools are meant to be reusable - so if you force a fixed folder for source files, and then that folder disappears - this will "break" the tool.
As for which folder is opened when "ask for source files" pops up - is handled by windows, and not by us. We just ask Windows "please show a file select dialogue" - and it does the rest.

Regards,
Stefan