Text highlighting issue

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ruvs101
User

Text highlighting issue

Post by Ruvs101 »

Hi,

When I try to highlight specific text, sometimes it highlights the text, other times it highlights in ellipses/round cornered rectangles, without me changing any settings in between. I tried changing properties/settings etc, but it didn't help. Couple of screen shots:

This shows the Highlight settings as well - I tried to highlight the text in the three bullet points, but the first bullet point keeps coming highlighted as a large bubble. The second small screenshot clip (RHS bottom) shows an ellipse shaped highlight, again when trying to highlight text.

Thank you :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Text highlighting issue

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ruvs101,

Thanks for the post - This looks to be an issue with the font metrics in that file. Can you please send the file for us to take a look at?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Ruvs101
User

Post by Ruvs101 »

Thanks Will - I'm attaching the relevant pages. Cheers!!
Attachments
Al_Brooks_-_Trading_Price_Action_Trends_56.pdf
(337.22 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Ruvs101,

Perfect, thanks for that! I was able to reproduce the issue in this file and can confirm that Adobe doesn't see the problem, so it's not an issue with the font itself but the way that we're handling it. Given that, I've added this file to another ticket on the subject. The ticket number is RT-3419.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the problem, there's no workaround that I can offer to help.

Apologies for the inconvenience!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Ruvs101
User

Post by Ruvs101 »

Hi Will,

That's fine - thanks for looking into it. I was worried I had unknowingly changed some settings which was causing the problem. Now I know I just have to live with it, and hope it doesn't occur often. Love the PDF Editor software, it's great, thank you :)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Not a problem :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)