Change password on dyanmic XFA PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jseaman102053
User

Change password on dyanmic XFA PDF

Post by jseaman102053 »

Hello,

I am evaluating PDF Tools V6 for use with a dynamic XFA form with a PDF supplied by a third party. When I try to use the Secure PDF tool on this document I get unsupported operation. Is this because the file already has a password and I don't know it or is it because dynamic XFA PDFs are not supported by the tool? Please see attached file.

Thanks,

Jeff Seaman
Attachments
Sample Dynamic Form_secured_09-29-16.pdf
(50.76 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Change password on dyanmic XFA PDF

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello jseaman102053,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for evaluating our products. You are seeing this because the file already contains document Security. You can verify this by opening the file in the Editor. There, you will see a lock shown on the document's tab. You will also see the permissions and security settings under File> Document Properties> Security as shown in the screenshot below:

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

If it goes about an "evaluation" of PDF-XChange Tools V6, than I would like to add the suggestion to intercept the exact reason of the "Unsupported operation" and replace it - in this case - by a message like "The PDF is already secured".

Best regards.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willy,

I agree, the error message should be changed, so I'll pass that along.

Also, just a note: We do not support editing permissions in Adobe LiveCycle secured documents, as they use propietary format and do not release the details to anyone.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com