Convert pdf to Word *.doc or *.docx

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sparkyguy
User

Convert pdf to Word *.doc or *.docx

Post by sparkyguy »

I have V6 of both PDF X-Change Editor-Pro and PDF-Tools (both are Version 6.0 Build 317.0)
Using either, is it possible to convert a pdf into a Microsoft Word Document?
Either a *.doc or *.docx would be ideal.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Convert pdf to Word *.doc or *.docx

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello sparkyguy,

Yes indeed such a feature is not available in the V6.0 products yet, but our developer are working on it and will make it available in the PDF Tools as soon as possible, and maybe also in the Editor. I do not have the exact date when this will be done at the moment, but as soon as anything turther is know - I will update you here in this topic.

Regards,
Stefan
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

This is confusing.

According to the Feature Comparison Chart, PDF Tools does support conversion of PDF to DOC, and so I informed someone that it does. What is the meaning, then, of this item in the chart? Is this thread out of date already?

• Convert PDF to .DOC/.RTF (no OCR capability)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bhikkhu,

We are working on getting this feature back in the PDF Tools. It's just that in the initial build of the same we omitted it.
It is still available in V4.0 of the PDF Tools, so that can be installed and used (the last V4.0 builds should take a V6.0 key) in the mean time.

Regards,
Stefan
ascorb@hotmail.com
User

Post by ascorb@hotmail.com »

Hello,

Our organization just purchased 50 copies and this issue is going to effect all 50 users. We are in a bind, I cant find a link to PDF tool v4 anywhere. I just did a forum search.

Note: Is there a project time line or release date of pdf to word for v6 or even a rough estimation?

Thanks!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi ascorb,

Thanks for the post - all downloads for old releases can be found here, on our downloads page:

The direct download link for PDF-Tools 4 is here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFT4.zip

This should be implemented for the next release of the Editor, but I cannot confirm if it will also be present in PDF-Tools as of build 318. Any license that is valid for PDF-Tools is also valid for the Editor. For now, I don't have an exact date, but it's likely roughly a month away.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
steve hammatt proofreading
User

Post by steve hammatt proofreading »

Any more news on this please guys? Would be very useful to not have to switch back to the old v4 version of the tool.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello steve,

Thanks for the post. The next build will be released soon. Our projection is early September. Unfortunately, I cannot be more specific than that.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America