Issue with PDF Tools V6 (use of %Filename for merged files)

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Woinic
User

Issue with PDF Tools V6 (use of %Filename for merged files)

Post by Woinic »

Hello,
I often use PDF Tools to merge different files in one file (Split/Merge PDF). With the new PDF Tools V6 (317), it seems that new issues occur if I compare with previous release of PDF Tools (PDF Tools 4.0).
1- For example, if you choose to have %Filename as the name of the new file, Filename is never selected and the name is always Document1.pdf.
2- In the previous release of PDF Tools (PDF Tools 4.0), you can choose PDF Specification (V1.5, V.1.6,..) and you can choose also the page Mode (see attachment). It seems that you can't do that with PDF Tools V6.

Regards,
Gerard,
France
Attachments
PDF Specification-Show Bookmarks.pdf
(27.5 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Issue with PDF Tools V6 (use of %Filename for merged fil

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Both items confirmed.

I am also missing the option to immediately indicate which pages I would like to select from each PDF when executing a Merge.

Before, there were little green square blocks at the end of each line to do the selection of pages.

Actually, in the new version 6, it is a more visual approach that has been applied.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the posts!
1- For example, if you choose to have %Filename as the name of the new file, Filename is never selected and the name is always Document1.pdf.
Have reproduced this here, will pass this along (Ticket # is RT-3496).
2- In the previous release of PDF Tools (PDF Tools 4.0), you can choose PDF Specification (V1.5, V.1.6,..) and you can choose also the page Mode (see attachment). It seems that you can't do that with PDF Tools V6.
I believe that this may just not be implemented yet. I've made a note to bring this up with the Devs., when they're back.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Gerard.
You are already able to set real name for new document instead of 'Document 1' stub-name. Before running the "Split/Merge PDFs" - check if this option is turned on:

then you will be able to setup your own name for result document(s) when tool will be runned and dialog for manual split/merge will be shown:

It will be added in next 318 build, probably as additional functionality for 'Change Document Properties' action. Please wait.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.