PDF-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - XMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Support

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hannesrempel
User
Topic Author

Mass conversion colour to mono images

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am

On the "PDF-XChange products comparison chart" I found this:
Graphics Downsampling options (Linear, Bilinear, Bicubic) also Colour -> Grayscale -> Mono options

This should be possible with PDF-Tools.

Also I found the following quote from here: https://forum.tracker-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=3804&p=16983#p16983
John - Tracker Supp wrote:
PDF-Tools will allow you to reduce image files by downsampling and conversion of image fiiles from full colour to grayscale/mono

Now, my question is: How can I convert images from colour to mono?
I would expect that I con do this with "Save as Optimized" (PDF-XChange Editor) respectively "Optimize PDF" (PDF-Tools). But I cannot found this option.
I found this option in the editor only for a single image: open the content pane, expand the content of a page, open context menu with right click on an image, choose option "Recompress image..."
My challenge is to change 600 images in my document and I am not willing to compress all 600 images one by one.
Therefore I have selectet all images and tried to compress all at once. But when I select more than one image the option "Recompress image..." is no longer displayed.
What can I do?

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Mass conversion colour to mono images

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:39 am

Hi hannesrempel,

Thanks for the post - Unfortunately that post is a little misleading and is only for when converting image files to PDF, rather than optimizing an existing PDF.

For now, neither Tools nor the Editor can do this en masse without printing. We've added a feature request for consideration in a future release of Tools (possibly the Editor too), as myself and my colleagues agree it's a great idea. Ultimately it's up to the Dev. Team, so we can't guarantee it just yet. The FR ticket number is RT-4415.

For now, I'm afraid the only option would be to print to PDF via the Editor (e.g. printing with Editor to our XChange Lite or Standard printer), and select the following under Advanced Print Options:

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com

hannesrempel
User
Topic Author

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi Will,
thank you very much for the request. :D
Will - Tracker Supp wrote:
We've added a feature request for consideration in a future release of Tools (possibly the Editor too), as myself and my colleagues agree it's a great idea.

Dimitar - Tracker Supp
User

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:56 pm

:-)

hannesrempel
User
Topic Author

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 am

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:
The FR ticket number is RT-4415

Hi Will,
Is there an update für ticket RT-4415?

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello hannesrempel,

A work item has been created in our internal system and it will be worked on soon, but that's all the updated info that I have for now!

Regards,
Stefan