Tracking number of installs

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rputney
User

Tracking number of installs

Post by rputney »

Is there a way to see how many of our seats we are currently using? I would love the ability to see a list of computers that the software has been activated on, as well as the power to deactivate it from retired systems.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Tracking number of installs

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi rputney,

currently the onus is on the owner of the license(s) to manage the number installs. I am afraid that at the moment we do not have a tool available to you for reporting this.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MyEmail
User

Post by MyEmail »

I strongly agree to have an online license management platform for us to check & remove the users.

I am new and using V8, users can copy the key and share to anyone, my seats may be occupied by someone I don't know.

If you allow the user to manage the license, it's better to encrypt the key, don't allow copy.

Or add an email approval for each activation, or.....

There are many ways to do this, please give us at least one.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello MyEmial,

We understand that there is necessity for this in some situations, however we cannot globally force all of our clients to comply with an online license authentication method that allows this kind of tracking. We are certainly considering options, but have consciously made the distinct decision in that past to offer our keys as we do currently, and recommend that you track them with a spread sheet.

Beyond that, we do recognize that there will be cases of license theft, and while it is unfortunate and problematic, that is no reason to punish all our trustworthy users as well by enforcing an "adobe like" strict licensing system. Anyone who does happen to steal your license key will find it unexpectedly blocked the next time that you purchase a maintenance extension, so that is a minor issue when looking at the bigger picture.

From an administration side, I know we have had some internal discussion regarding these topics, and are considering offering some special administration tools in the future (though I cannot speak for when they would arrive, or what exactly will be possible with them). In the meantime, if you are making use of our AD admin templates, you will find that you are able to prevent users from copying license keys, so that you do not need to worry about theft bringing you over your deployment limit (details below).
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/sysad ... ation.html

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com