Automating License Replacement  SOLVED

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Trogdor
User

Automating License Replacement

Post by Trogdor »

Hi There I'm trying to update the license we currently have in place.

I've tried several methods to install the new license, and each one works when run locally. However, as soon as I attempt to test it through our management system, KACE, it fails.

Via powershell:

Code: Select all

& $XCVault /addkeys /s $scriptdir\Personal.xcvault
Start-process $XCVault -Argumentlist "/addkeys /s $scriptdir\Personal.xcvault"
& cmd /c $XCVault /addkeys /s $scriptdir\Personal.xcvault
Via CMD:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\Vault\xcvault.exe /addkeys /s %~dp0\Personal.xcvault"
One thing to add is that I've set KACE to run this as a Domain user with admin rights on the local system, a local user with admin rights, and the system user.

Anyone see any reason why this shouldn't be working? Is there a better method to update our license that I'm not seeing?

Thanks,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Automating License Replacement  SOLVED

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Trogdor,

thanks for the post. I suspect the issue is related to where the key is being put. Since you are not running the script as the end user that will use the software it is likely not making it's way into that user's HKCU hive.

Have you tried using the \M switch? Since your KACE user has Admin rights \M should put it in HKLM and then be available to all your users on that machine.

Another option would be to run the command (the one that worked at the command prompt) as the user who will use the Edito, so a login or other script that runs as that end user.

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Trogdor
User

Re: Automating License Replacement

Post by Trogdor »

I just tested using the /M switch, and it worked great. I guess I was thinking I had to provide a registry file to use that one, my mistake.

Thanks for your help Paul!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Automating License Replacement

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D