Network disconnects

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

world team
User

Network disconnects

Post by world team »

We are having problems where open PDFs and particularly those that are in some sort of edit mode over the network refuse to save or report not available or locked with the slightest bump in the network. For instance shifting from wired to wireless, a VPN bump, anything, including if the computer goes to sleep/standby.

Word, Excel, and any other such all things handle the transitions fine. But, if PDF Xchange senses the slightest/briefest disconnect it refuses to make the connection again, usually then losing work in the process. And, it won't let you do a save as even to the network location either over top of the original name or to a new name.

For our test/control case:
Windows 10 laptop, fully up to date
Office 2016
PDF-Xchange v6, fully up to date

I see there were some old posts about this issue back around 2013 and older.

Thanks,
Bob
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Network disconnects

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

I am not really sure if this will help, but you can give it a try by de-activating the SharePoint plug-in via:
- Edit > Preferences... > Plugins, and then
- in the list with "Available plugins" un-check the SharePoint plugin, followed by
- OK, and
- restart of PDF-XChange Editor.
world team
User

Post by world team »

Any particular logic as to why you think that would work, Willy? I'm not particularly inclined to go fishing for workarounds on a mature product, and your suggestion seems disconnected from the problem description.

Bob
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

There are some known issues with the SharePoint plugin:
- https://www.pdf-xchange.com/forum3 ... 62&t=29187

N.B.: If you do not like fishing, than please wait for an answer by Tracker Software Support.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Bob,

Please let us know the exact version and build you are running. I would also suggest you try to disable the SharePoint plugin as Willy has suggested. It has been the cause for some issues in the past.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
world team
User

Post by world team »

Initial tests indicate that disabling the plugin has "fixed" the problem. All the scenarios haven't occurred yet, but most likely will bear the same result. (Thanks, WIlly)

The version is the newest, latest and greatest - v6.X That is the first thing I do before I call support, make sure everything is up to date completely.

Bob
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bob,

Glad to hear that this has helped!
We will be making changes to the SharePoint plug-in so that it causes those delays only e.g. once every 24 hours and not once per Editor session as it does now.

Regards,
Stefan