Two versions of PDF-Exchange Pro after Update (5.5 - 6.0)

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Schottel
User

Two versions of PDF-Exchange Pro after Update (5.5 - 6.0)

Post by Schottel »

Hey all,

I wanted to deploy the current PDF-Exchange Pro release in our environment and during the tests I noticed that there are two different versions of PDF-Exchange installed after the update. I am deploying via Microsoft SCCM and MSI installer. The currently installed version is 5.5.316.1 and I´m updating to 6.0.317.1. PDF-Exchange Editor is updated to version 6 but there are still PDF-Exchange Tools v4 installed and shortcuts under All Programs - PDF-Exchange and All Programs - Tracker Software.

My commandline I used is: msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0ProV6.x64.msi" /qn /norestart DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS="0" NOUPDATER="1" EDITOR_LANGUAGE=de-DE KEYFILE="%~dp0Personal.xcvault" and I´m switching to

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0ProV6.x64.msi" /qn /norestart ADDLOCAL="F_Viewer,F_Plugins,F_Plugin_SP,F_FileOpenPlugin,F_OCRPlugin,F_SPPlugin,F_OptimizerPlugin,F_PDFAPlugin,F_SPPlugin,F_PDFAPlugin,F_VLangs,F_Browse
rPlugins,F_IEPlugin,F_NPPlugin,F_ShellExt" SET_AS_DEFAULT="1" VIEW_IN_BROWSERS="1" DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS="0" PROGRAMSMENU_SHORTCUTS="1" NOUPDATER="1"
EDITOR_LANGUAGE=de-DE KEYFILE="%~dp0Personal.xcvault"

Has anyone else noticed this behavior or did I do something wrong here?

Thank you
Attachments
Screenshots.pdf
(28.79 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Two versions of PDF-Exchange Pro after Update (5.5 - 6.0

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Schottel,

Thanks for the post - this is due to some changes made in our installer. From V5.5. to V6, you will need to completely uninstall and re-install. However, this will not be an issue moving forward and will only need to be done for the initial upgrade.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Schottel
User

Post by Schottel »

Hey Will,

I build a Powershell script to remove the previous version of PDF exchange but can´t get the browser plugin running. I´m using the following commandline to install v6 of PDF-Exchange Pro:

$arguments = "/i " + $msifile + " /qn /norestart ADDLOCAL=F_Viewer,F_BrowserPlugins,F_IEPlugin,F_NPPlugin,F_Plugins,F_Plugin_SP,F_FileOpenPlugin,F_OCRPlugin,F_SPPlugin,F_OptimizerPlugin,F_PDFAPlugin,F_SPPlugin,F_VLangs,F_VLangs,F_Tools,F_Tools_Plugins,F_TLangs,F_Drivers,F_OfficeAddin,F_Langs_Drv SET_AS_DEFAULT=1 DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 NOUPDATER=1 EDITOR_LANGUAGE=auto KEYFILE=" + $keyfile + " /L*v c:\instlogs\PDFExchangeInstallMSI.log"

$install = Start-Process -FilePath msiexec.exe -ArgumentList $arguments -Wait -Passthru

I thought ADDLOCAL=F_Viewer,F_BrowserPlugins,F_IEPlugin,F_NPPlugin would install Internet Explorer and Chrome Addins but it won´t work. All other parameters are applied and there is no other problem during the installation. It´s only the IE11 and Chrome Addin which is missing.

Any thoughts what might be wrong?

Thanks// Marvin
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI Marvin,

thanks for the feedback. I'd be interested in seeing the approach you took removing the old software with PowerShell. Does it employ wmic like this does?: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 69&t=25813

Regards the Add-Ins - on the surface that looks like it should work. I will need to investigate why it is not.

I see you logged the install - that is excellent - can we have the log file sent to support@pdf-xchange.com with a cross reference to this forum thread please? For future reference the logging options /lvx*! give us the best results in our log files.

Looking forward to seeing that log.

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com