PDFX-Change Editor v6 silent install printer option  SOLVED

Support for network administrators. for software deployment and management through Active Directory Group Policies.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jpa
User

PDFX-Change Editor v6 silent install printer option

Post by jpa »

We have scripted our install of PDFX-Change Editor using the EXE installer because its options covered our needs. Now with version 6 we would like to skip the Lite printer install on most of our machines. We can switch to MSI install but it would be nice if all we had to do was add "NOPRINTER=1" (or similar) to our install script.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDFX-Change Editor v6 silent install printer option

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi jpa,

I'm afraid we don't have such a switch for the exe. It isn't simple to implement I'm told and could cause other problems. Your best option is the msi because you can manage the features better, be it through a command line switch or a transform.

I feel I must ask; you say the exe gives you install options the msi doesn't. This should not be the case. What specifically are you doing with the exe that you can't do with the msi? I ask because the msi is the recommended way to push the software and I'm keen to know where it is failing you. Is it because the exe can autodetect the target system architecture?

Paul
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
jpa
User

Post by jpa »

Ok. We can switch to an MSI based install.

We started with the EXE installer because it was sufficient for our needs not that the MSI was not sufficient. We didn't need the extra config options the MSI install provides until now.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com