Some of these are available in the knowledgebase, there are also some downloadable PDF versions.
If you are running an Active Directory domain chances are you are going to want to deploy and manage your Tracker Software products using a Group Policy.
- For an overview of how to deploy software using a Group Policy we have this article:
http://www.tracker-software.com/knowled ... ough-a-GPO
- Command line switches are typically not used when deploying software through a Group Policy, Microsoft instead use a transform file in conjunction with the msi installer to apply options during install.
http://www.tracker-software.com/knowled ... sform-file
We also offer an Administrative Template for use with Active Directory to facilitate managing domain wide preferences.
- Tracker Group Policy Functions - using Tracker's Administrative Template - an overview of the tasks needed to implement the Administrative Template.
- Administrative Template Policy Definitions - definitions of the available settings used in the Administrative Template.
- Editor Preferences UIDs - a list of PDF-XChange Editor "Preferences UIDs"
Some settings need to be set during installation, others can be post install through the template. The following article attempts to bring it all together in a unified and detailed deployment example making use of Active Directory, Transform files and the Administrative Template to deploy the PDF-XChange Editor.
- Brining it all together - a unified installation and configuration example.
- Are these documents helpful?
- How can we improve them?
- Have a suggestion for an article? Let us know!