GUI is way too small on high res display

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
clay
User

GUI is way too small on high res display

Post by clay »

New laptop with screen res of 3840 x 2160 and the GUI so small it is hard to see or use. How can I fix this?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: GUI is way too small on high res display

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello clay,

Please go to Edit -> Preferences -> Customize UI, and you can increase the size of the text being used in the Editor interface. Then also place your cursor at the bottom of a toolbar, and drag it down - this should make the icons also increase in side (there are two size options for now), so the interface should become usable once again :)

Regards,
Stefan
clay
User

Post by clay »

sorry, this did not help. The text is fine. The icons are all too small. Making the tool bar bigger does not do anything. Also, the check boxes in various dialogs like the customize toolbars, are so small you can hardly click on them.

I notice in Windows 10, on the Display Settings dialog, there is a slider to "Change text, apps, and other items: x%." This setting does not seem to have any effect on pdf xchange viewer. It does affect other programs though.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Clay,

I assumed you are using the Editor, but you now mention "viewer" - please make sure that you have the PDF XChange Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product ... nge-editor
As the viewer is an older product (from the time when 4K screens were non existent, and especially 4K on laptop sized screens), so it has no way to make the icons larger, but the Editor does.

Regards,
Stefan