How can I perform OCR with Core API for Existing PDF file and save it as PDF/A-1B?

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
baumunk
User

How can I perform OCR with Core API for Existing PDF file and save it as PDF/A-1B?

Post by baumunk »

An example application would help me.

We have PDF-XChange PRO and PDF-XChange PRO SDK licenses.

With kind regards
Ernest Baumunk
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: How can I perform OCR with Core API for Existing PDF file and save it as PDF/A-1B?

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello baumunk,

The OCR operation is only available via the Editor SDK.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
baumunk
User

Re: How can I perform OCR with Core API for Existing PDF file and save it as PDF/A-1B?

Post by baumunk »

Hello Alex,

Ok. Then one more question.
But is it possible to save a finished PDF with OCR recognition (with OCR_MakeSearchable it is possible in the step before) as PDF/A-1B without destroying OCR recognition?

Thanks
Ernest Baumunk
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello baumunk,

Why not. The OCR recognition is just an invisible text content items - so I don't see any problems here.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ