Core FlattenAllFields not implemented

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
GeoffW
User

Core FlattenAllFields not implemented

Post by GeoffW »

This is an old one - see this post - I was just wondering if "nearest future" was any closer now than it was 2.5 years ago?

I would point out that in that 2.5 years (at least) that it has not been implemented, no one has gotten around to updating the documentation to mention this fact - leaving it to developers to discover the hard way (and consequently wonder if they are doing something wrong).

I did not buy the full Editor API needed to work around the problem (as linked in the post linked above), I only bought the Core - according to the documentation it had all the functionality I needed ... but you can't believe everything you read. In fact the FlattenAllFields method is less misleading than the Export method that faces the same problem but contains considerably more detail in the documentation - rather strange for a function that doesn't actually do anything. But a lack of Export I could work around directly using other Core methods, lack of Flatten seems to be a more difficult problem (presumably one reason why it has not yet been implemented).
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: Core FlattenAllFields not implemented

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Implemented in 327.1
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
GeoffW
User

Post by GeoffW »

Thanks, I look forward to trying it out when the release makes its way to available.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello GeoffW,

These will also be included in the new version of the CoreAPIDemo project along with the implemented Export method and newly introduced DeleteField method.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
GeoffW
User

Post by GeoffW »

:D
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User