Extract PNG File

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
louw222
User

Extract PNG File

Post by louw222 »

How do I extract a PNG file from the PDF file using PDF-XChange Core API?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Extract PNG File

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello louw222,

Please use the Images Test utility available from here to see the PNG format parameters in the encoders list:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=25944
Also, there is a link there for the code snippet where the PDF pages are being converted into TIFF.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
louw222
User

Post by louw222 »

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your reply.
I need to explain our need better. I am processing a PDF file that was generated using Adobe Illustrator and the embedded picture is a vector-defined graphic.
What I need is a method to extract the original vector graphic data to a PNG file (which is a vector graphic file).
I know that I can draw the page into a raster image and then vectorize the image into a PNG file, but I don't want to lose resolution.

What I need is a way to extract the original vector graphic directly into a vector-based PNG file.
I appreciate your help.
Lou
louw222
User

Post by louw222 »

I was confused. PNG a raster format. I guess I'm looking for an SVG file.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Lou,

We do not provide the conversion to the SVG format, but you can write your own converter by yourself by using the SDK - we give all of the needed information about the PDF file content items that you can require.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
kevin-b
User

Post by kevin-b »

Hi Sasha,
Just curious if there is any change regarding import/export of .SVG files? If not planned, is using that SDK a simple exercise for a non-coder or only for pros? I imagine it's for a pro coder.

Thanks & Regards,
Kevin in Barcelona
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Kevin ,

Well, if you are writing in the SDK thread that means that you are a programmer. The converter should be written as we do not provide it.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: