Compilation Warnings

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
whoit
User

Compilation Warnings

Post by whoit »

I'm getting a lot of Warnings (16) when I compile in Visual Studio 2017 (all current).

I get two basic kinds of warnings:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning Processing COM reference "PDFXCoreAPI" from path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracker Software\Core API SDK\Bin\PDFXCoreAPI.x86.dll". The type library importer could not convert the signature for the member '_CRYPT_BIT_BLOB.pbData'.

and:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning Processing COM reference "PDFXCoreAPI" from path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracker Software\Core API SDK\Bin\PDFXCoreAPI.x86.dll". At least one of the arguments for 'IPXS_PDFVariant.GetString_Unsafe' cannot be marshaled by the runtime marshaler. Such arguments will therefore be passed as a pointer and may require unsafe code to manipulate.

Even though these don't appear to affect the execution of the code, can you tell me how to fix these?

Thanks.
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Compilation Warnings

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hello,
We use TLB (COM Type Library) format as a universal description of our SDK interfaces. Most programming environments can translate TLB into their own native representation but the complete translation is not possible for all languages due to limitations of some languages.
In your case .NET TLB importer cannot translate some our SDK types into .NET constructs.
If you are uncomfortable with these warnings you can generate .NET interop assembly for our SDK manually, with warnings suppressed. Add this command to the pre-build event command line of your project. E.g.:

Code: Select all

tlbimp.exe PDFXCoreAPI.x64.dll /out:PDFXCoreAPI.x64_interop.dll /silent
(set correct paths for input and output binaries).
whoit
User

Post by whoit »

Great! Thanks for the info.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ