Black rectangles in up right corner when draw or print some document

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
aleksand
User

Black rectangles in up right corner when draw or print some document

Post by aleksand »

Hi,

Currently I use Viewer Simple SDK Library for draw and print pdf document. It is working without problem. I want to use in future PDF-XChange Core API SDK (I want use some function like extract text). I download demo version from your site and change my code for work with these libraries, but I have problem with view or print some documents. Document has a few black rectangles in right up corner (example of like document and result of it print to pdf printer I attached).
I use DrawToDevice function for both goal. I can fix problem for view after change parameters "PXC::DDF_AsVector" to "PXC::DDF_AllFontsAsCuves" (I found in forum your text that PXC::DDF_AsVector need use only for print (but your API help has not this information)), but for print I think I can not do it because size of print job will be very big (I can not test it because as you wrote demo version add big image to document so size always big). Can you help me with fix this problem?

I use following lines for print:
CRect DrawRect(0, 0, or_prect.Width(), or_prect.Height());
CComPtr<PXC::IPXC_OCContext> pROpt;
g_Inst->CreateStdOCCtx(&pROpt);
pROpt->put_PrintContentFlags(PXC::RenderType_ModePrint);
pPage->DrawToDevice((PXC::HANDLE_T)pdx->hDC, DrawRect, nullptr, PXC::DDF_AsVector, nullptr, pROpt, nullptr);

Cheers,
Evgeny.
Attachments
13180941p519_printed.pdf
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
13180941p519.pdf
(98.33 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Black rectangles in up right corner when draw or print some document

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Evgeny,

Can you please provide a small sample project so that we can speed up the investigation?

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
aleksand
User

Post by aleksand »

Hello Alex,

Sorry for long answer. I try to prepare small sample project with this problem but has not good result (small project do not reproduce bug). Our main project is big and has parts written in different program languages (JAVA (it is main part) and C++). I try to reproduce this bug only use C++ part but can not. I think it can be reproduce only if dlls are loaded inside JAVA. I will continue try to investigate this problem (try to create simple project which can reproduce this bug).

p.s. I hope that you already have like problem (because it can be reproduce only for Vector type of draw and you wrote that Vector type can be used only for print).

Cheers,
Evgeny.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Evgeny,

Are you using the latest SDK version and also, have you specified a valid license key (the problem can be with the demo labels)? Also we will need the sample, as every other problem is unique.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
aleksand
User

Post by aleksand »

Hello Alex,

Sorry for long answer. For test I use version 7.0.323 of core API. I think you are right and problem with demo label, but it show that we can have problems with some type of pdf files. We have not license key for core API. We have only license key for your old product (based on pxcview.dll). Now we investigate new dll for understand do we need buy it (we want use new future like extract text but firstly we check that all other functions (print and view) working correct and in this part of work we have these problems (described in this item). As I wrote before I try to create simple project with reproduce error but have big problem with this (simple project do not reproduce problem). I will try to do it again (sorry but in previous week I had a lot of other work).

Cheers,
Evgeny.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Evgeny,

Whenever you can come up with the project - we'll take a look at it and hopefully can tell you more about your problem.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: