IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock crash

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
mmasood
User

IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock crash

Post by mmasood »

Hi Alex,

I am using IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock to place text on the page. My setup is:
1. Language = C#
2. PDF Core API 7.0.323.3

Following is the code:

Code: Select all

contentCreator.ShowTextBlock(curZoneText, pRect, pRect, nFlags, nTextLen, pCharFmt, pParaFmt, pCallbacks, out pTextBounds);
and following is the xml node that I am reading:

<ZoneText><![CDATA[<body><p style="font-family:'Arial'; font-size:12pt; line-height:normal;"><span style="color:#ff0000">This is html formatted text. <br/>Here is an ampersand &. <br/>Here is a greater than >. <br/>Here is a less than <.</span></p></body>]]></ZoneText>
and this is the text of the curZoneText variable:

<body><p style="font-family:'Arial'; font-size:12pt; line-height:normal;"><span style="color:#ff0000">This is html formatted text. <br/>Here is an ampersand &. <br/>Here is a greater than >. <br/>Here is a less than <.</span></p></body>
With this text the call to ShowTextBlock crashes with the exception:
Message = "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00CEE2C"

StackTrace = " at PDFXCoreAPI.IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock(String pText, PXC_Rect& pRect, PXC_Rect& pClip, UInt32 nFlags, Int32 nTextLen, IPXC_CharFormat pCharFmt, IPXC_ParaFormat pParaFmt, IPXC_DrawTextCallbacks pCallbacks, PXC_Rect& pTextBounds)
at DS.DS.SD(Int32 iPageNumber) in C:\Projects\DS\DS\SD.cs:line 129"
If I try to Html Encode the string curZoneText then this is the string that I get:
<body><p style="font-family:'Arial'; font-size:12pt; line-height:normal;"><span style="color:#ff0000">This is html formatted text. <br/>Here is an ampersand &. <br/>Here is a greater than >. <br/>Here is a less than <.</span></p></body>
and this is the exception that I get:
Message = "Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00CEE2D"

StackTrace = " at PDFXCoreAPI.IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock(String pText, PXC_Rect& pRect, PXC_Rect& pClip, UInt32 nFlags, Int32 nTextLen, IPXC_CharFormat pCharFmt, IPXC_ParaFormat pParaFmt, IPXC_DrawTextCallbacks pCallbacks, PXC_Rect& pTextBounds)
at DS.DS.SD(Int32 iPageNumber) in C:\Projects\DS\DS\SD.cs:line 129"
If I manually remove the 3 characters "&", "<" and ">" from the string it processes correctly.
If I manually encode the 3 characters "&", "<" and ">" in the string, it processes correctly.

Question: How do I get this to work properly?

Regards,
M
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: IPXC_ContentCreator.ShowTextBlock crash

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello mmasood,

You will have to escape those characters in the strings only (not the entire xml).

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
whoit
User

Post by whoit »

Hi Alex -

When you state "escape those characters", are you referring to html encoding, such as "&" becomes "&"
OR
is there another way to escape the characters in the TextBlock?

Thanks,
Wayne
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Wayne,

I'm referring to this one:
to html encoding, such as "&" becomes "&"
Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
whoit
User

Post by whoit »

I was afraid of that!

Got any tips on parsing the text for special characters?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello Wayne,

Well just escape all of those characters (you can easily google them up) if they are not inside of any of the tags (that to can be easily done).

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: