PDF/a to PDF

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
g.politi
User

PDF/a to PDF

Post by g.politi »

Hi,

there's a simple way to convert a PDF/a to PDF using 4.0.121.0 ?

regards

G
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: PDF/a to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello g.politi,

The PDF/A is a sub standard of the PDF specification - so a PDF/A file is still a valid PDF.
You can of course always create a new empty file, and fill it with pages from the original PDF/A - and the new document should not be reported as an Archival one.

Regards,
Stefan
g.politi
User

Post by g.politi »

thanks Stefan!

last question : there's a quick way to remove digital signatures from PDF/A files ?

regards

G
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello g.politi,

With the Tools SDK it is only possible using only the low-level API - which we can't provide support with - you need to have a very good understanding of the PDF format and structure to use those.

Using the Core API (the Tools SDK successor) - it should be possible with the PDF Structure Layer.

Regards,
Stefan
g.politi
User

Post by g.politi »

We have the Core Api too .... but until know we didn't developed anything on it (the sample folder is limited to cpp).

Can you point me in the right direction please ? Which "PDF Structures Interfaces" I should use to accomplish the task ?

Thanks again

G
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello g.politi,

I had to check with my colleagues in the dev team again, and they told me that this is the PDF Structures you need:
https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/view/PXV:PXS

What you need to do is
- open a document using the Core API (there are multiple samples of how to do this)
- get IPXS_Document interface from IPXC_Document interface
You will also need to read and have a good understanding of the PDF specification.

Regards,
Stefan