Change Names of Document Tabs

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

After making changes in the IPXC_DocSrcInfo from the TPXV_Control, the name displayed on the document tabs across the top do not change.

FControl.Frame.View.DocViewsArea.DocViews.Doc.CoreDoc.SrcInfo.CustDispTitle:= 'New PDF';
FControl.Frame.View.DocViewsArea.DocViews.Doc.CoreDoc.SrcInfo.CustDispFileName := 'New PDF.pdf';
FControl.Frame.View.DocViewsArea.DocViews.Doc.CoreDoc.SrcInfo.CustFileName:= 'New PDF.pdf';

I'm working with new files that haven't been saved yet. They just get the name "New Document" and I want to change that name.

How do I change the name appearing on the document tabs?

--Jeff
zarkogajic
User

Re: Change Names of Document Tabs

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Jeff,

Try with

Code: Select all

IPXV_Inst Inst;
IPXV_Document Document;
IEvent evt;

---

Document.CoreDoc.SrcInfo.CustDispTitle := 'custom title';

evt := Document.EventServer.CreateNewEvent(Inst.Str2ID('e.document.propsChanged'), Param_T(Document), DocViewFlag_DisplayDocTitle);
Document.EventServer.FireEvent(evt, Document);
p.s.
Some further info: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=34482&p=143413

-žarko
jeffp
User

Re: Change Names of Document Tabs

Post by jeffp »

That worked. Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com