zorder of annots

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

zorder of annots

Post by lidds »

I have an annot (text) in one fdf layer and another annot (rectangle with background) in another fdf file, when the rectangle is drawn over the text it initially hides the text. Then when loading the annot fdf files the text maybe on top of the rectangle instead of hidden beneath it. Even if I send the text back and save the annot to the fdf file, it does not make a difference.

Does PDF format handle zorder? I'm thing that I may need a way to store what annot zorder and reload this after, if so do you have any way that I could solve this issue?

Thanks

Simon
lidds
User

Re: zorder of annots

Post by lidds »

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: zorder of annots

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello lidds,

Apologies for the delayed reply here!
Yes - there is a Z order for annotations, but I am not sure how that works when you import annotations from two different fdf files!
If you order the annotations the correct way you need them, and then export them all to a single fdf - they should then import back in that same correct way.

Can you share with us some samples/screenshots illustrating the problem?

Kind regards,
Stefan